E-Invoicing: Accelerating Digitization in the Supply Chain
Get involved and benefit from this great opportunity to learn and to share experiences on a global level. Meet and network with experts, thought leaders and professionals in E-Invoicing, Purchase to Pay, E-Procurement, Supply Chain Finance, AR/AP.
Join your peers in Barcelona and leave with a clearer understanding for the latest developments in E-Invoicing, E-Procurement and E-Payment! Register now
Key Presentations Include
- Experience How Blockchain Technology Impacts P2P and Supply Chain Finance
- Learn How to Maximize ROI in a Global E-Invoicing Roll-Out Project
- How Digitization and Robotic Process Automation Will Disrupt Work in Finance
- Successfully Manage Risk in the P2P Process
- Key Developments in the Payments World: PSD2, Instant Payments, Open AP
- Why Compliance Automation Now Is an Immediate Necessity for E-Invoicing
- Updates on Digital Single Market, CEN/TC 434, 2014/24/EU, EIDAS
New Country Highlights
Sweden: E-Invoicing Now Facilitating Progress of End-to-End E-Procurement?
Brazil: 10 Years of Electronic Invoicing - Evolution, Opportunities and What's Next
Australia: The Global Showcase for E-Invoicing?
Pressure Builds for Adoption of E-Invoicing in Public Procurement
CEN/TC 434 E-Invoicing Public Conference
Sunday, October 9, 2016
18:00 – 21:00
Registration & Icebreaker Reception
Kindly supported by
Monday, October 10, 2016
Registration and Welcome Coffee
08:30 – 09:00
Media And Analyst Briefing
Exclusively reserved for accredited representatives
|EXPERT SESSIONS: BLOCKCHAIN, EU LEGISLATION, FORMATS & STANDARDS
09:00 – 09:50
A: Understanding Blockchain Technology and the Concept of Distributed Ledgers
Markus Hautala, Head of Innovation Program, Tieto
B: Compliance Automation as an Immediate Necessity for E-Invoicing
Content Compliant E-Invoicing: The Key to VAT Automation
Most businesses have already implemented a certain method of e-invoicing to a greater or lesser extent. It must be said that a well-developed einvoicing system should allow optimisation of the level of VAT automation within a business to a significantly higher level, especially on the purchase side. However, there is currently still a major gap between the understanding of the need for formal compliance and for content compliance. The latter is what you need to enable your VAT automation.
Prof. Patrick Wille, President of VAT Forum and Lecturer at Universities of Brussels and Gent
Consolidated Tax Compliance in the Cloud
- Government mandates towards cloud-based real-time transaction reporting is creating a massive paradigm shift.
- Compliance automation is an immediate necessity, not a future option.
- What are the differences among compliance approaches in LATAM, Russia, Europe and Asia.
- How can business process engines overcome the challenges of diversity and continuous change?
Christiaan van der Valk, President, TrustWeaver AB, Sweden
C: Understanding Formats and Standards around E-Invoicing and Payment: Electronic Data Interchange, XML, PDF/A-3, UBL, XBRL, ISO20022,...
Tim McGrath, Co-Chair of the OASIS UBL Technical Committee
Johannes von Mulert, Founder Exchange Summit
|KEYNOTE SESSIONS: WORLD-CLASS P2P, IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN on P2P AND SUPPLY CHAIN FINANCE|
10:05 - 10:45
World-Class in P2P/S2S - Overview & Trends
- Key drivers for enterprises and functions
- Agility as major driver and how to become more agile
- Drivers for PTP/S2S
- Selected best practices and metrics
Tom Olavi Bangemann, Senior Vice President Business Transformation, The Hackett Group
10:45 - 11:25
Experience How Blockchain Technology Impacts P2P and Supply Chain Finance
- Moving from what blockchain is to how to make it work
- Blockchain is not for banks only: what corporates want
- Which P2P and SCF processes can benefit most from blockchain-based applications?
- Blockchain is being investigated on how it can streamline current P2P and SCF processes: what is the future holding?
Enrico Camerinelli, Senior Analyst, Aite Group
Networking and Refreshments in the Exhibition
|FOCUS SESSIONS: ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION, GLOBAL E-INVOICING ROLL-OUT|
11:55 - 12:25
A: How Digitization and Robotic Process Automation Will Disrupt Work in Finance
B: How to Maximize ROI in a Global E-Invoicing Roll-Out Project
- Our E-Invoicing quick wins and lessons learnt
- How to successfully onboard suppliers: making it mandatory or giving incentives?
- The future of PDF invoices in the E-Invoicing environment
- What we have achieved so far and what are the next steps: our path from 300.000 to 2 Mio. processed E-Invoices
Zsuzsanna Kun, B2P Subject Matter Expert and Richard Kovacs, Simplification Leader, GE Global Operations
|FOCUS SESSIONS: E-INVOICING IN AUSTRALIA AND LATAM, MOBILE EBPP AND ANALYTICS|
12:30 - 13:00
A: Australia - The Global Showcase For E-Invoicing?
B: Mobile App for E-Bill Presentment and Payment and Derived Analytics
Johannes Vermeire, Managing Director, Addocted
C: The Underrated Value of E-Invoicing in Latin America – Real Examples of how E-Invoicing is Changing the Game
Mario Fernandez, CEO, Gosocket
Networking and Lunch in the Exhibition
|FOCUS SESSIONS: P2P RISK MANAGEMENT, E-INVOICING IN BRAZIL|
14:30 - 15:00
Successfully Managing Risk in the P2P Process
- Major cases studies of corporate risks
- Process spotlight: procure to pay
- Risk management: why it is important and how to approach it
- Automating your P2P function and mitigating risk
- Addressing critical corporate controls and continuous controls monitoring (CCM)
Chris Doxey, Doxey Inc., USA
15:00 - 15:30
10 Years if Electronic Invoicing in Brazil - Evolution, Opportunities and what's Next
- More than 14 billion electronic invoices issued by about 1.2 million companies
- Market penetration over 95% for all Brazilian companies
- The strategy, role of the government and the steps for electronic invoice massification
- Mistakes and lessons learned in the implementation process
- Improvements in development and what's next: integrating supply chains and electronic tracking of vehicles with RFID
Newton Oller, Project Leader of E-Invoicing in Retail, Tax Inspector, Sao Paulo State Financing Secretariat, Brazil
14:30 - 15:30
Break free of your traditional conference sessions in these presentation-free roundtables. Set a focus on your favorite topic and gain 45 - 60 minutes of high-level peer-to-peer discussion and networking with other experts who understand the background and opportunities. Each session is facilitated by a moderator. No Powerpoint, no microphones, just you and your biggest challenges addressed as a group, by the group.
Limited to 25 persons per session.
A: The Future of VAT in a Digital World
Jos Feyaerts, CEO, InCoPro
B: Public / Private E-Invoicing Directories
Oriol Bausà Peris, CEO, Invinet Sistemes
C: The Role of Electronic Data Interchange
Jose Javier Sanchez Hidalgo, CEO, Inposia
D: Enhancing Data Accuracy and Quality
Pirjo Ilola, Federation of Finnish Financial Services
E: What does Accounting Industry expect from E-Invoicing and Digitalized Cash Register Receipts
Bo Harald, Founder of the Real Time Economy Program
Networking and Refreshments in the Exhibition
16:00 - 16:30
Wrap-up of Roundtables: Topics Discussed, Conclusions and Next Steps Defined
|EU UPDATE SESSIONS: DIGITAL SINGLE MARKET, CEN/TC 434, 2014/24EU, EIDAS|
16:30 - 16:45
Digital Single Market: Impact on Purchase to Pay
16:45 - 17:00
CEN/TC 434: Planning and Derivables
Andrea Caccia, Chairman of CEN/TC 434 on E-Invoicing, European Committee for Standardisation
17:00 - 17:15
2014/24/EU Public Procurement: Where do we stand?
Thomas Spoormans, Acting Head of Unit Innovative and E-Procurement, DG GROWTH, European Commission
17:15 - 17:30
EIDAS: Update from the EU and Implication for Cross-Border Identity of Trading Partners
Andrea Servida, Head Unit E-Government and Trust, DG Connect, European Commission
End Day 1 of Exchange Summit 2016
Departure for the Networking Dinner Event
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
|EXPERT SESSIONS: PSD2, STANDARDS AND INTEROPERABILITY, SUPPLY CHAIN FINANCE
09:00 – 09:50
A: Payments and Invoicing: Coming Together?
In this session we will update you on the key development in the payments world, including PSD2 Access to the Account, Instant Payments, Open API and Open Banking. In particular we will discuss whether and how this could influence the strategic developments in the e-invoicing world and what opportunities might arise.
Douwe Lycklama, Partner, Innopay
B: What Buyers and Suppliers Do not Need to Know about E-Invoicing and E-Procurement
The effective adoption of e-invoicing and e-procurement will be built on well defined, highly accessible, readily scalable and standards-based processes alongside a compelling call to action. The benefits are compelling and public sector adoption is moving ever-closer to being mandated. However, to fully unlock the benefits, the underlying delivery framework must address these key drivers. How can this be achieved?
- The role of standards
- Interoperability in a 4-corner model
- Mandatory adoption of e-Invoicing
- Charging rules within the 4-corner model
Tim Cole, COO, Causeway Technologies
C: Supply Chain Finance as a New Way for SMEs to Find Capital
|COUNTRY HIGHLIGHT SESSION: SWEDEN|
10:00 - 10:30
How to Prepare and Facilitate E-Procurement in the Swedish Public Sector
- What is the current situation and what are the plans?
- Challenges when e-tendering must be implemented with new rules and electronic tools
- Can existing standards and building blocks facilitate the implementation of e-procurement?
- Can e-invoicing facilitate the progress of the whole end-to-end e-procurement?
Kerstin Wiss Holmdahl, Legal Counsel / E-Procurement, Legal Affairs Division, Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions
|PANEL DISCUSSION: E-INVOICING IN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT|
10:30 - 11:15
The Pressure Builds for Adoption of E-Invoicing in Public Procurement
- Status of the new EU core invoice standard to be implemented by all contracting authorities
- What are thissues and constraints
- How to deliver full savings from end-to-end automation?
- Stakeholders share their views
Moderator: Charles Bryant, Secretary General, EESPA
- Peter Norén, Head of unit implementation & sourcing of enterprise applications, The Swedish National Financial Management Authority
- André Hoddevik, Secretary General, OpenPEPPOL AISBL
- Constantin Christiani, Head of Facility and Ressources Management, University of Vienna
- Cyrille Sautereau, President of ADMAREL and Chair of the French National Forum of E-Invoicing (FNFE-MPE)
- Alis-Irena Riviere-Osipov, Legal Policy Officer, DG GROWTH, European Commission, European Commission
Networking and Refreshments in the Exhibition
|FOCUS SESSIONS: OPENPEPPOL, E-ARCHIVE, DIGITAL SUPPLIER COLLABORATION|
11:45 – 12:15
B: E-Archive and E-Invoicing in Turkey
Göksel Ücer, Managing Director, Netle YAZILIM A.S.
C: Digital Supplier Collaboration for Driving Efficiency, Reducing Risk and Optimizing Working Capital
Kai Finck, SVP & Head of SAP Ariba Centre of Excellence, Europe, Middle East and Africa, SAP Ariba
|FOCUS SESSIONS: INTEROPERABILITY AND COMPLIANCE, E-DOCUMENTS, UBL FOR INVOICES AND SHIPMENT DATA|
12:20 – 12:50
A: How the EESPA Community is Building the Value Proposition
- Progress on creating the interoperable eco-system
- EESPA's alliance with openPEPPOL
- Compliance challenges for EU and global developments
- How can we drive supply chain automation to a new level?
Esa Tihilä, Chair, EESPA
B: E-Documents in an SAP Environment
- What is the current situation on the customer side considering multinational business?
- How does Globalization Services at SAP support e-documents?
- Solution model for e-documents based on a framework and service approach
- Examples of e-document E2E processes and countries
Sascha Wenger, Olivia Vorstheim, Prasoon Anand, SAP SE
C: MSC Belgium goes UBL all the way: From Invoices to Shipment Data
MSC Belgium NV is a 100% subsidiary of and acts as agent for Mediterranean Shipping Company SA, headquartered in Geneva, one of the largest container shipping companies worldwide. Based in the port of Antwerp, MSC’s major European hub, MSC Belgium serves the Belgian import & export market, and handles bookings and documentation for more than 1 million TEU container units per year. Executing a long-standing strategy of dematerialization of invoices, this now results in
- generating 30000 UBL XML customer invoices per month
- all supplier invoices entering the back-end systems as UBL XML (upgrading from paper or PDF as required)
- A practical approach to avoid the AP platform sirens: focus on the data, not the transport
- Extending the standard UBL invoice with shipment data for the transportation sector
Guido Dilles, E-Invoicing Project Lead, MSC Belgium NV
Networking and Lunch in the Exhibition
|FOCUS SESSIONS: E-PROCUREMENT, TAX & COMPLIANCE, CROSS-BORDER|
14:20 – 14:50
A: Tax & Compliance
B: Experience with the E-Procurement Portal of University of Vienna
- Directive 2014/24/EU on public procurement – what will change
- E-Procurement in the public sector – still at the beginning
- The convergence from procurement to invoicing – how far away are we?
Constantin Christiani, Chief Procurement Officer – CPO, Head of Facility
and Resources Management, University of Vienna
C: CEN/TC 434 E-Invoicing Public Conference (colocated)
14:20 Opening of the CEN/TC 434 Public Conference
14:30 General Objectives on E-Invoicing in Relation to the Directive 2014/55/EU
15:10 Benefits and Challenges for Public Authorities
15:40 Coffee Break
16:10 Benefits and Challenges for Suppliers/Service Providers
16:25 Information on Implementation of the Directive 2014/55/EU
16:40 Overview of Relevant European Actions for Deployment of the
14:55 - 15:40
Break free of your traditional conference sessions in these presentation-free roundtables. Set a focus on your favorite topic and gain 60 minutes of high-level peer-to-peer discussion and networking with other experts who wish to carry forward the topic.
Each session is facilitated by a moderator. No Powerpoint, no microphones, just you and your biggest challenges addressed as a group, by the group.
Limited to 25 persons per session
A: Public E-Procurement for SME
Gerhard Laga, The Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
B: E-Confirmation with e-Sens
C: Interdependencies with other Electronic Documents
Open Space for Networking and Refreshments in the Exhibition with Tombola and Closing Remarks
End of Exchange Summit 2016